CRAB UAS Training Program
CRAB UAS 3 Step Process
Step 1: Develop and Map the UAS flight plan.
- Start with a vicinity map of the proposed project.
- Design UAS flight mission and working area radius.
- Create take-off, landing, and flight lines.
- UAS waypoints are created by the pre-flight software.
- Run simulations of the designed flight and mission to insure safety and accuracy.
Step 2: Deploy to field location, load pre-programmed flight plan, and fly the UAV mission.
Step 3: Post Process the UAV flight data.
- Flight data is uploaded to desktop computer.
- Images are automatically geotagged and mission parameters are recorded.
- Geo-referenced orthomosaics, digital elevation models, and point clouds are processed.
- Ground Control Point (GCP) coordinates, placed by county surveyors, inputed into the data increases global precision.
- Software converts photos into a 2D orthomosaic and 3D digital elevation model.
- UAS 3D data imports seamlessly to into Design Systems Civil3D software to create a 3D surface model.
- Software produces a quality report of the flight data.